WE ARE HIRING: MARKET MANAGER
There are some exciting times ahead for Bristol’s street food scene and we’re building a team to make it happen.
Buoy is an event production outfit, specialising in street food and markets. We can be found running 5 weekly street food markets in Bristol (and counting) and through 2019, we’ll be taking street food on the road with private events.
We’re now on the lookout to find a brilliant new market manager to join our growing team and help take Bristol street food to the next level. If you’re a street food fanatic, a leader and have the appetite for event work, then this is for you.
The market manager role includes plenty of outdoor work, tasty lunches and working alongside some of Bristol’s most creative food businesses.
The ideal applicant has:
- An interest in and experience working with street food, markets, or events
- A passion for keeping things local, independent, and sustainable, and the vision to find new ways of bringing the three together
- Strong interpersonal skills: a great communicator, with the ability to inspire a team, negotiate and make executive decisions when necessary
- A clear understanding of health and safety issues, and an ability to identify new risks and dangers, and assess them
- A proven ability to thrive in an unpredictable working environment, multitasking and problem-solving as the unexpected unfolds
- A full, clean driving license.
The role includes:
- Day to day operational management, including site set-up; designing, building and breaking the event space; assisting the traders; role delegation; maintaining a safe public space, and keeping a watchful eye on things.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with traders, musicians, staff, suppliers, customers, the public, stakeholders in the surrounding area, and our neighbours
- A hands-on approach to shaping and developing a better, more dynamic market environment
- Focusing on customer experience and developing ways to enhance what we already offer
- Working within the team: collaborating on new opportunities as they develop
16-hours per week, including weekend work, holiday pay and opportunities for the role to grow.
Rate: £11 p/h
Deadline: Wednesday 15TH May
Please send a CV and a short cover letter (no more than one side of A4) explaining why you’re suitable for this role to James Coomber, by emailing email@example.com
Please include the subject header Market Manager Application.